AUG AD PICKS

29 Aug 2018

It's that time again for August's Ad Picks. This month I've got 3 TVC spots to share with you.

The first spot is this 90 second film about calming down people's anger. It's extremely well acted with this guy mouthing the script, as if he is shouting. It's all based around 90 seconds (how long it takes to calm down). They created a 90 second mediation track to help, check it out here and print ads that take 90 seconds to read.

I hope this will stop fights and save lives. It's more than just an ad.


The next spot is the most fun football spot for the new premiership season I've seen this year. It's for BT sport (like Optus Sport for Aus readers). It's got this little girl who uses her imagination to nutmeg Bale and beat other sports stars too.

It uses the sports stars in a way that doesn't make them lead the ad that I like, some sports brands seem to cram in loads of stars forgetting about the idea.

It's also got a great human truth that kids love imagining playing against the best. I remember imagining this sort of thing when I was a kid, what about you?


The last ad this month is this fast paced fun spot for the DIY brand Mitre 10 in New Zealand. Having fun with this DIY project that keeps failing (it sounds like me with my DIY projects at the moment). He keeps heading back into the DIY store to get more than the products, to get their advice to keep his donkey from escaping with a fun ending too.


I hope you enjoyed reading this month's Ad Picks. If there's any ads that you loved this month, please share below.

No comments:

Post a Comment